Upgraded Aerial Scout
Specialists of OJSC “AGAT-Control Systems” – Managing Company of “Geoinformation Control Systems” Holding intend to reach new heights in the development of unmanned aerial vehicles.
Based on the experience of operating short-range tactical unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) “Berkut-2”, which were developed and previously delivered to the Belarusian Armed Forces, OJSC “AGAT-Control Systems” – Managing Company of “Geoinformation Control Systems” Holding has upgraded them. The goals of the developers were to increase the reliability of the UAS, to stop using foreign-made components and to meet the customer’s additional requirements for improving its functional and operational capabilities.
The reliability and functionality of the upgraded UAS “Berkut-2” have been increased due to:
- replacement of the UAV navigation system with the system featuring improved design and enhanced functionality, which entails the replacement of the ground control software and the UAV operator interface;
- replacement of servos of the payload’s pitch and roll control system with electromagnets, which excludes the possibility of mechanical jamming of gears with subsequent failure of control mechanisms;
- replacement of the ground control station with the dual-monitor ground control station produced by “AGAT-Control Systems”. One monitor displays information required by the UAV operator to control the aircraft, the other monitor displays imagery information from the payload;
- replacement of the launcher with the launcher manufactured by “AGAT-Control Systems” with improved design, increased strength of main units and smaller physical data;
- the planned replacement of the RM-10 radio mast with the radio mast manufactured by AGAT-Control Systems with improved design of a rotary device, which makes it possible to organize two radio channels for transmitting telemetric and imagery information in accordance with the table of radio frequency distribution in Belarus, increase the rotator’s pointing accuracy and ability to operate without a protective cover in conditions of precipitation;
- replacement of payloads with the equipment featuring improved performance characteristics;
- implementation of parametric and imagery information registration at the ground control station and in on-board UAV registration devices.
The operating documentation has been revised in accordance with GOST 18675-2012.
“AGAT-Control Systems” – Managing Company of “Geoinformation Control Systems” Holding is pleased to note that the upgrade of the UAS
“Berkut-2” has opened new horizons for the company.
More detailed information you can find in “The VPK. Belarus” magazine No. 1, 2018.